One week down, only 10 more to go!!
but, the promise of a trip to the playground with Daddy will quickly diffuse her temper.
Ally's team "KABOOM" was able to work out and scrimage with the VIP Players. The only thing that was a little frustrating for Ally was her partners kept leaving on her. They would get overheated, or just too frustrated to continue. Especially in 100+ temperatures.
That is just something that happens with special needs players.
But she didn't quit. She would just find someone else to help.
They had fun scrimaging with the players as well.
I think they all had a really great time playing together, and I know it was a good experience for Ally. She was thinking about how much fun her cousin Ashley would have playing soccer.
They all posed together after they finished.
Then we moved down the hill for Karai's game. The "High Maintainance Kitty Katz"played pretty well. Karai was playing defender when I arrived carrying my purse, 2 camp chairs, an umbrella, and a cooler full of Powerade. I did leave Chase's shoes and socks, along with Ally's stuff for them to get on their own.
We debated on wether or not the best part of the game was their team cheer at the end of half-time.
"GO KITTY KATZ ---MEEEOOOOOW!!"
It's not often you hear that from a group of 14 & 15 year old boys!
Karai was unable to convert any of his shots on goal in the second half as a mid-fielder, but they still managed to win the game 1-0.
At least I think so. I am not sure because I had to head further down the fields for Bryce's game to start before Karai's game was finished.
He had a great game for about 90% of the time. He even scored his teams only goal. (And the only goal for the family this season!! Yes, we keep these stats!)
It was in the last few minutes of the game that he and one of his teammates were both going to defend their goal as the other team tried to score and all 3 of them ended up in the goal on the ground and Bryce had gotten a cleat to the ear. OOOUUCCHH!!
Needless to say he was done for the game. He managed to recover by the time to shake hands and have snacks though.
The picture doesn't do justice to the purple color and swelling, though you can still see the blood. He's a regular UFC fighter!
After a long day of soccer we headed home for a nice swim and game of basketball in the pool.
Robert is a little worried about me posting this on my blog. He doesn't want anyone developing greater feelings of jealousy for the wonderful life that I lead, or having increasing trouble concentrating because he is pictured here. Please, try to maintain control ladies!!
After we all cooled off, I was off to work while they went to dinner with Papa and Nancy at the Golden Corral. Sorry to have missed that. It makes me somewhat nostalgic for the bygone days with my own Grandpa at "Up"- Chuck-O-Rama.
Work finished earlier than expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Karai had gone to a stake dance with some friends from school, and the rest were watching movies.
All in all, it was a pretty good day.
Read what I am studying in Institute this week here.


3 comments:
Keep up the good work Michelle. I love hearing from you and seeing my grandkids pictures.
Love
Mom
I think I saw a ghost!! You go to institute?
Every Tuesday morning at 9am. You should join me.
Post a Comment