Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend - Day 2

Friday of Thanksgiving weekend was a day to sleep in at our house. That was a really nice break in and of itself.

Around 10am we put all the kids to work and told them they had 2 hours to work hard and get everything done.


Well, 2 hours turned into 3 hours, but they did manage to get a lot of work done....... Cleaning underneath couches, in closets, all kinds of good stuff!!! And of course, they hardly noticed that it took an extra hour. Yeah, right!!


They survived.

Around 1:30pm we headed over to John & Lindsay's house and park to have leftovers and play. Thanks to my sis-in-law Trisha we have pictures too. I won't post them all though. Only a couple of dozen.



The kids were having tons of fun on the playground.....


And the older ones made up a game for the tennis courts that was a cross between soccer and volleyball. Brendon was trying to get in on the game as well.



Robert had to give some tennis lessons to some of the younger crowd. I think he even tried on a couple of points.
Trish even managed to get a picture of Chase smiling ..... without the peace sign!!!
Unfortunately, none of the kids wanted to have their pictures taken at all....
John was trying to hide their announcement...... he's getting old!!!
4 hours later it was dark and our snacking was wearing thin so we had to go back to Steve and Anne's house to make some chili while Lindsay made some cornbread to go with it. It was all very yummy.

The kids settled in to watch "Kung Fu Panda" and the six of us sisters-in-law and our friend Corrie all went to go see the movie "Twilight" at 9:50pm.

It was a lot of fun and a great day.

mk

2 comments:

cindy said...

Hey, Michelle I found your blog off the Kober's...I can't believe how big your family is getting. Chase looks so grown up. Funny how time goes by so fast.

I hope all is well with your family! ...Cindy Atkin

TrishAnderson said...

That was such a fun day. The pictures all look great on your blog!! I am not sure if any of the kids had any fun!! Ok, just kidding.