Saturday, October 4, 2008

2 weeks closer to the end

You know, I really do love the fact that 4 of my kids are playing soccer, and doing so well.


But, at the same time, it is such a crazy time of year that we seem to lose track of days in the practices, and games and pictures of it all.


Last Saturday was an 8am game for Ally's team; it was a hard fought loss.



pictures for Karai's team at 9:15; of course, to prove just how manly these Kitty Katz are, they had to have their pictures taken with their pink game ball.



Karai's game at 10:30; in which, he played very well, but still no goals scored. Oh well, his team still managed 8 goals to their opponents 0.


Bryce's pictures at 11 and Bryce's game at 12.


Here he is cheering after one of his 4 goals.

And of course, entertaining Tegan through it all.




Here she is defending her goal against Karai.

Chase had a fun weekend on a scout campout where they hiked about 3 miles to their campsite, and after their activities there on Saturday, they hiked the 3 miles out. He finally made it home around 4:45pm.

Gratefully, dad was there to share in the fun of it all.

Then at about 4:15 pm I left to go to the General Relief Society meeting. It was wonderful.

I came home feeling renewed, refreshed and uplifted.

Sunday was great because Robert was able to go to church with us. That has been a somewhat rare occurance with his 7 day work schedule. he is doing so much to support our family. I love and appreciate him so much.

It was a nice weekend.

Then this week seemed easier due to the Jewish holidays on Tuesday and Wednesday. This meant no games on Tuesday or Wednesday and a less hectic schedule.

I even had time to help a friend learn how to can meat, and do some Visiting Teaching.

Friday Tegan and I went to the park with some friends, and Bryce joined us after finishing up at school. Then Friday night we were able to go to the school Fall Picnic. The chorus sang several songs,
and the rest of the time was playtime. Unfortunately for Tegan she didn't pay attention while walking under the monkey bars and got a foot to the face.

She was not too happy about that.
But she managed to recover relatively quickly.
Chase spent the night out in the dark field playing football or soccer or whatever it was they were all playing. Karai, on the other hand, spent his time as any freshman would at an elementary school function - - playing 4 square!
At least his also freshman friend was playing too. Sadly, they were losing.
Which leads us into today.
Again, gratefully Robert was able to have someone work for him so that he could take Karai to his 9am game in Mesa, while I took everyone else to Bryce's 9 am game 15 miles east of that game.
Chase would have preferred to stay home but he had team pictures at 10am and Ally at 10:15 before her 11:15 game. I had to leave the 3 of them at the fields to wait for Robert to arrive while I took Bryce to a birthday party for a friend from school at Peter Piper Pizza.
Then we all met back home to enjoy the afternoon session of General Conference.
The "boys" have gone to priesthood and are still not home. I'm sure they are having a great time together.
It has been a good week.
mk

3 comments:

corrielc said...

can picture it now. Teg comes crying with the bloody lip and you tell her to wait let me take a picture first LOL!! Too funny

MK said...

actually, the picture was dad's idea. it was kinda funny though.

Curtis Family said...

Hey Michelle I love the bloody picture!
Maybe your blog should be rated M for blood and mild violence. Do you think maybe we could do are visiting teaching this way?